Our dungeon monitors are here to ensure safe scening, to assist or to advise in technical aspects of scene set-up, to react to any emergencies, and to assist people who feel uncomfortable with the attentions of others.
The Dungeon Monitors will be wearing identifying sashes with large lettering: “DM”. A Trustee will be a DM along with either another Trustee or a community member. Our Dungeon Monitors are experienced, Dominants/Tops or submissive/bottoms. Please do not hesitate to approach them if you have any questions or need assistance with any of the above problems. DMs, at all times, have the right to end a scene, or to ask someone to leave the dungeon or modify safety techniques.
All attendees must sign a waiver annually (calendar year).
DMs have the final word on everything, including the right to stop an unsafe or abusive scene.
Prostitution, solicitation, or negotiation of compensation for sexual services are illegal and will not be tolerated at any Midwest Alternatives events.
Cell phones and other electronic devices are allowed. The recording of any pictures, video, or audio is strictly forbidden. This is a zero-tolerance policy; violation of this rule will result in an immediate dismissal from the event and a lifetime banfrom all future events. If you suspect someone has violated this rule, please notify the trustees immediately.
Midwest Alternatives and its staff, the management and staff of the venue, any officers, directors, employees, agents, successors or assigns of any of the foregoing shall be not be liable to any attendee for injury to person or property incurred as a result of attendance at this event.
By your entry into any of the events areas, you acknowledge that you have read these rules, understand them, and will agree to abide by them and that you assume all risks incident to your attendance.
Please use common sense and courtesy in conducting yourself in all public areas of the location. Outside of any MWA private area, street legal attire conforming to state and local laws is REQUIRED; to wit; genitalia and breasts must be covered and at least a one inch covering between butt cheeks. NO PLAY is to be conducted in a public area. I.E. if the bathrooms are down the hall from the room you must be dressed in acceptable street clothes before leaving the MWA play space/meeting room.
Safety and Health Issues
- Only activities that adhere to “Personal Responsibility Informed Consensual Kink (PRICK)” will be permitted.
- If you appear to be under the influence of any intoxicant or drugs, you will be asked to leave. No inhalants or illegal substances of any kind will be permitted in any areas of this event.
- The officially designated Safe Words are “RED and YELLOW”.
- Red means all play stops and that scene is over. You are more than welcome to play again later in the party, but the scene you are currently in is over.
- Yellow means all play stops and that scene may resume once all involved parties’ consent.
- If your scene involves a gag, hood/mask that covers the mouth, or breath play, you must use a Drop Object that is clearly visible while held. Dropping the drop object counts as a yellow.
- If any participant in a scene loses consciousness that is treated as a red.
- To insure the safety of all attendees, scenes involving firearms, including toy guns or explosives of any sort will not be allowed.
- No glass bottles may be brought into the Dungeon area.
- There is to be no cracking of whips outside the Dungeon areas. Whips in the play space are limited to a maximum of 6 feet or the discretion of a DM.
- There is to be no sexual intercourse during any event. Sexual intercourse is defined as human to human sexual stimulation or contact be it oral, vaginal or anal. I.E. no Sexual penetration, hand jobs, fisting, fingering, oral sex etc.
- Insertion of foreign objects is allowed in the dungeon. This includes plugs, dildos, sounds, vibrators etc…
- You are responsible for providing any additional supplies needed for scenes involving insertables including but not limited to. Condoms, medical Chux or underpads as well as the safe disposal of any contaminated items. I.E. Pack it up and dispose of properly on your own and not in venues trash cans or dumpsters. (Please help us keep venue management happy)
- Any corded electrical devices must be approved by a Trustee prior to use, plugged into GFI (Ground Fault Interrupter) boxes, and not directly into the wall sockets.
- If you ask someone to play, make your intentions, limitations and desires clear. The same goes if you are asked to play. Negotiate before entering the play space.
- If you are into heavy verbal use during a scene or the submissive is prone to heavy verbalization, avoid places where loud verbalizations will disturb other scenes in progress.
- No wax play is allowed (this is to ensure MWA will be able to return to venue’s in the future).
- When a scene has ended please give the participants some quiet time and privacy for aftercare.
- Scenes involving suspension of any kind require the approval of the Dungeon Master on duty and may be subject to DM supervision and/or the use of designated spotters. When possible, use quick release connectors attached to wrist cuffs.
- If your scene or play involves heavy or rough play, please inform the DM before commencing.
- Please do not interrupt a scene. If you have questions for the participants, wait until the scene is finished. Keep your conversations quiet in the play areas. Concentration is paramount to the scening partners and is easily broken by loud distractions.
- Medical (blood) play is limited to the designated Medical Play area and requires approval of the Trustees. All scenes that penetrate the skin require the use of medical gloves.
- If you are uncomfortable with a scene, you should simply step away. Please do not infringe on the rights of others. If you feel that a scene is unsafe, inform a DM.
Toys and Dungeon Furniture
- Please use medical gloves and clean the play stations before and after scenes with the cleaning supplies located throughout the Dungeon area.
- Respect another attendees’ property. If it’s not yours, please don’t touch it without asking.
- If a piece of Dungeon equipment is damaged or gets damaged, notify a DM on duty immediately.
- Please check with a DM prior to using Tens unit style electrical devices above the waist. Violet Wand type devices may be used anywhere except eyes.
The Dungeon Rules may be updated from time to time. The current version of the document will be available on the website and printed out at the events. You are responsible to keep informed of any changes to this document and are expected to comply with all rules.
Version 3.0 – 12 Jan 2019 – MWA Trustees