Our dungeon monitors are here to ensure a safe environment for play, to assist or to advise in the technical aspects of scene set-up, to react to any emergencies, and to assist people who feel uncomfortable with the attentions of others. The Dungeon Monitors will be wearing identifying orange vests. A Trustee will be a DM along with either another Trustee or a community member.
Our Dungeon Monitors are experienced community members. Please do not hesitate to approach them if you have any questions or need assistance with any of the above problems. DMs, at all times, reserve the right to end a scene, to ask someone to leave the dungeon, or modify safety techniques.
All attendees must sign a waiver annually (calendar year).
DMs have the final word on everything, including the right to stop any scene.
Prostitution, solicitation, or negotiation of compensation for sexual services are illegal and will not be tolerated at any Midwest Alternatives events.
Any form of recording (photo, video, audio, etc.) are not permitted at any MWA event. If you are caught violating this rule, you will be banned from all MWA events forever.
Please use common sense and courtesy in conducting yourself in all public areas of the location. Outside of any MWA private area, street legal attire conforming to state and local laws is required; please be courteous of the venue’s other business and dress appropriately. No play is to be conducted in a public area.
Safety and Health Issues
* If you appear to be under the influence of any intoxicant or drugs, you will be asked to leave. No inhalants or illegal substances of any kind will be permitted in any areas of this event.
* The officially designated Safe Words are RED and YELLOW. If your scene involves a gag, hood/mask that covers the mouth, or any form of breath play, you must use a drop object that is clearly visible.
* To insure the safety of all attendees, scenes involving firearms, including toy guns or explosives of any sort will not be allowed.
* Whips are limited to a maximum of 6 feet or the discretion of a DM.
* All play will be conducted in the dungeon; the social area is for socializing only.
* There is to be no sexual intercourse during any event. Sexual intercourse is defined as human to human sexual stimulation or contact.
* Insertion of foreign objects is allowed in the dungeon. This includes plugs, dildos, sounds, vibrators, etc. as long as your body does not penetrate anyone else, in anyway.
* You are responsible for providing any additional supplies needed for scenes and for the safe disposal of any contaminated items. Pack up and dispose of soiled items properly. Please help us keep venue management happy.
* Any corded electrical devices must be plugged into GFI (Ground Fault Interrupter) boxes (not directly into the wall sockets).
* If you ask someone to play, make your intentions, limitations, and desires clear. The same goes if you are asked to play. Negotiate before entering the play space.
* Consider other players in the public play space around you. If you or your partner yell, scream, cry out loudly, please consider the use of a gag.
* When a scene has ended please give the participants some quiet time and privacy for aftercare.
* If the scene you are planning deviates from our rules, please contact a trustee to discuss logistics.
* Please do not interrupt a scene. If you have questions for the participants, wait until the scene is finished. Keep your conversations quiet in the play areas.
* If you are uncomfortable with a scene, you should simply step away. Please do not infringe on the rights of others. If you feel that a scene is unsafe, inform a DM.
Toys and Dungeon Furniture
* Please use medical gloves and clean the play stations before and after scenes with the cleaning supplies located throughout the Dungeon area.
* Respect other attendees’ property. If it’s not yours, please don’t touch it without asking.
* If a piece of Dungeon equipment is damaged or gets damaged, notify a DM on duty immediately.
Midwest Alternatives and its staff, the management and staff of the venue, any officers, directors, employees, agents, successors or assigns of any of the foregoing shall be not be liable to any attendee for injury to person or property incurred as a result of attendance at this event.
By your entry into any of the events areas, you acknowledge that you have read these rules, understand them, and will agree to abide by them and that you assume all risks incident to your attendance.
The Dungeon Rules may be updated from time to time. The current version of the document will be available on the website and printed out at the events. You are responsible to keep informed of any changes to this document and are expected to comply with all rules.
Version 2.0 – 07 JUL 2018 – MWA Trustees